Bomboniere (an Italian word) also known as “wedding favours” are gifts given out on special occasions to the guests. They traditionally contain five sugared almonds which, for wedding, symbolize health, wealth, happiness, fertility and long life.
Bomboniere are always given as gifts at Greek weddings but they are also a topic of controversy Please help me establish some “correct” Bomboniere Etiquette.
Questions for Discussion:
- Who is responsible to pay for the bomboniere (bride & groom or koumbari)?
- How much money should you spend on bomboniere?
- Who should choose the design/style of the bomboniere (the bride & groom or the person paying for it?)
- Who receives a bomboniere (every guest or one per family)?
- Should you give kids bomboniere?
- Do you have separate bomboniere for males and females? (Apparently lot’s of wedding receptions are suggesting this theses days).
- What are some “bad” bomboniere you have received?