It is Father’s Day today (here in Australia) so I thought I’d share a quick tribute to Gus Portokalos who is Toula’s Dad in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
Here are 5 reasons why all Greek Dads are like Gus Portokalos:
1. Greek Dads know the answer to everything: Watch Gus explain that any word can be found in the root of the Greek language:
2. Greek Dads want to see their daughters grow up and get married: Watch Gus as he plans to marry off Toula to somebody who lives in Greece:
3. Greek Dads want to keep their children close by (at all times) Watch how Gus reacts when Toula say’s she wants to find a new job instead of working at the family restaurant:
4. Greek Dads love their family: Watch Gus as he welcomes guests to his family home:
5. Greek Dads are funny: Watch Gus as he gives a wedding speech at the wedding and explains why ‘We Are All Fruit”.
I have asked our readers on Facebook to share a comment and tell us why their dad is like Toula’s dad.
Join the conversation and tell us about your dad!!
Related Posts You Might Love:
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding – The Movie
- Named After My Yiayia Aspasia – Link to why there are so many Nick, Nick and Nikkis in the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- Meet Sia’s Dad – Photo Post Created for the Weekly Photo Challenge